Saturday 25 August 2012

E.L.F. Haul - Part 1 (Studio Pigment Eyeshadows)

Hey all fellow bloggers out there :)

Hope you are having an awesome weekend so far!

Here's my swatch and review on two of E.L.F's Studio Pigment Eyeshadows which were included in my box of goodies that was mentioned in a previous post!

E.L.F. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow: Tropical Teal (Left) and Passionate Purple (Right)

I bought this from E.L.F. in the UK but had to get it delivered to my cousin as they do not deliver internationally yet.
I purchased the Tropical Teal and Passionate Purple shades as these two colours caught my eye when browsing the Studio Pigments section but sadly, the teal colour didn't turn out as shown on the website. It is more of a shimmery mossy green than the rich ocean blue I saw advertised but I still love it because of how much product shows in one application (and I also love greens as well). The purple colour is more promising to what was advertised so I'm happy with that :)

Ooooh. Looks like colourful pixie fairy dust!

When I first applied the shades for the swatch, it came out as a crumbly texture which means fallout may occur so it's best to cover the undereye areas when applying these pigments to prevent smudge!


Excuse the blur! Top swatches without primer; bottom swatches were with primer

These colours are quite vibrant with a hint of shimmer. They went slightly darker with the Vital Radiance matte smoothing primer I applied. It appears that these pigments don't require much (or any) primer to stand out and that's pretty impressive!


Pros to this product:
  • Vibrant
  • Decent Price
  • Little product goes a long way - highly pigmented even without primer

Cons to this product:
  • Packaging is stubborn (struggled to close the lid)
  • Tropical Teal doesn't appear same as advertised
  • Crumbly texture so fallout may occur - apply lightly and guard the under eye area

I purchased these two items for £3.75 each. You can also purchase them if you're in the States for $3.00, as well as other countries (refer to http://www.eyeslipsface.com if you're in the U.S. and http://www.eyeslipface.co.uk if you're in the U.K. for more information on where else their products are offered).

All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and look forward to creating some awesome looks with these beauties in future! ;)

Happy colouring!




6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! :)
    I also have the passionate purple pigment...and ofcourse I like it because purple is my favourite colour! lol
    Looking forward to Part 2 :) xx

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy!
    I have nominated you for the Laine Blogger Award! Check out the link for the rules and details! :)
    http://cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-laine-blogger-award-tag.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!
    I followed on GFC/BlogLovin, follow back?
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you on BlogLovin as promised! Love your post on the Vera Wang Princess fragrance! Must make a plan to invest in it as Christmas gift to me lol.

      Delete
  4. wonderful blog checkout mine at

    http://www.definingwords.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete